How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44894
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a person that owes me money approx $500 she has

Customer Question

I have a person that owes me money approx $500 she has admitted owing the money and I have this documented on my phone and witnesses to it , she has paid $100 and has failed to pay anymore , do you do letters of demand , do you think I should persue it as its a matter of principle
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You send a letter of demand and say that if is not paid in 14 days you will sue in QCAT.

Do not use a lawyer it will cost you more than the $500.00 owing.

You will be able to claim the filing fee you pay and the service costs.

You can use the messages she sent you as evidence.

If you chase it yourself it would be worth it. Not if you intend to use a lawyer.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.