How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5779
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement on my credit file & the person is now

Customer Question

I have a judgement on my credit file & the person is now deceased what do I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

It is a difficult one, the credit rating issue should be resolved, as the debt lays with the deceased.

However, you may need to contact the next of kin and give consent for it to be waived.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its a debt against me. The person i owe to is deceased. How do i finalise the debt
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

I understand it is with you, however the judgement is still there.
All you can do at this point is speak to the next of kin and see if they consent to waiving it.
otherwise seek that it be removed from the credit file.
An agent like this can assist: