How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44658
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to rid myserlf of an ex-partner who refuses to

Customer Question

I'm trying to rid myserlf of an ex-partner who refuses to leave. I gave her a formal 2 months notice that she breached anyway (a property damage clause - she has caused damage in temper and retaliation). I overlooked that and have held to the original written vacate date of Sept 30th however I suspect she simply won't go citing hardship and nowhere to go
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Your only other option, if you have given her written notice, is to obtain an order from the court for her to be evicted.

I assume that she is not paying any rent based on your question. But you will need the court order.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.