How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44178
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We bought our property 4 years ago and one of the main

Customer Question

We bought our property 4 years ago and one of the main reasons for the purchase was the magnificent view we had across to a lake and the hills beyond. We are situated half way up a hill .... our neighbours have since planted some fast growing plants which are now way above our fence (the boundary) and totally block the view we once had ....can we take the top of this hedge from our side to get our view back ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is a very difficult situation.

Have you spoken to them about being able to trim them back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told my son a while ago that he understood that we had lost our view and he was happy for us to trim back the hedge. We got someone to do this and now they are not happy about it !
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

It is a matter where you have to speak with them and reach an agreement on how much to trim so that you are both happy.

It appears that it has not escalated to the point of no return and you should sit down with them and try and reach a compromise.

If you cannot, then it would be a matter that will cost you both money going to court and completely destroy any relationship that you have.

It may be that a community legal centre may be able to assist with some mediation but you have to speak with them and work with them.

I am surprised they did what they dud without consulting you as well.

This is your only option if you wish to resolve it without too much cost.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.