How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a partner he is from new zealand and has

Customer Question

I currently have a partner he is from new zealand and has been taking care of his kids. his wife has arrived and taken his kids from him and hes not sure what rights he has he has had them for 2 months now enrolled in school and taking care of there needs. she is still in australia but hes not sure of his rights or how to get them back
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.

He MUST first attempt mediation with his wife... via a Court approved mediator... they can be found here:

If the mediation is successful - great.. if not, he will obtain a certificate of attempted mediation... which he can use to accompany he application to the Court for child custody/parenting orders...

The application forms, etc for an application for child/custody.. parenting orders can be found on the Court website. Please advise if he needs assistance with this...

He should also consider a divorce and property settlement with his presumably ex-wife. Please advise if he needs assistance with this as well?

Kind regards, James