Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I hope you can help. I am a care support worker. One of my

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can help. I am a foster care support worker. One of my foster carers sent her 15 year old foster son on an exchange trip with his school to Japan this afternoon. She received a call from Sydney (we're from adelaide) this evening that immigration will not let him go to Japan as his passport is cancelled? A teacher has stsyed behind in Sydney with the child. The next flight to Japan is tomorrow night at 8.30pm. What we believe may have hapoened is this: the childs previous families sa social worker applied for a passport for him a while ago and then it was cancelled. His next worker later applied for another pasdport. She received the passport and gave it to the child. Somehow he was given the cancelled passport which was cancelled. We are not sure where to go and how to sort this out so this child and his teacher can get on the next flight to Japan. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ida
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Being a Saturday you are not going to be able to do very much.

Where is the new passport?

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

If you have his new passport then he can be given it and get on the next flight.

Without it he cannot go.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards