kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

Can I sue my it developer who built and hosted my website

Customer Question

Can I sue my it developer who built and hosted my website for many years then gave me 10 minutes notice of switching off and then wud only switch back on if I switched of a third party connection I used for my advertising .
I did that which then meant I lost an enormous amount of sales and income
That was January 2014
And not I find that loss means I now face bankrupty
What can I do?
Keith
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 2 years ago.

Hi Keith. My name is ***** ***** I am going to help you with your inquiry today. I am a solicitor from NSW.

There is a lot of complexity in your short sentence here. It would be best to talk over the phone but if you can't afford the further fee I'll do my best to summarise.

You need to look at the contract between you and the IT developer to establish whether there has been a breach of contract in relation to his actions of forcing you to take off a third party connection you used for advertising. However it sounds like you may have some other personal challenges that are more pressing, to do with your bankruptcy. Usually it means you cannot get out of the bankruptcy because of that but you can actually sue in relation to the other issue whilst you are going through the bankruptcy process. Let me know if you have a contract that you need me to review for greater clarity.