How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44677
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got dvo served on me sun fathers day In sydney 2

Customer Question

I just got dvo served on me sun fathers day In sydney 2 appear in qld court at 9am 2day. I have got it from my brother inlaw that has lied about whole thing I can prove that over and over. He just textet me again and has been with abuse and things u r a dog and your sister a f**ked up freak. I have heaps 2 get it thrown out and everthing it it is a lie I have a statement from my x that he has lied on her behalf 4 his mane witness. She gave me statment 2 say everything that has been said involving her is a lie. And I have 3 witness 2 back my story which is all facts. I have texts 2 support me and can discredit everything he has said. But I cant and couldnt get there and built my defence and engage legal representation. With such short time b4 court im over 1000klms away and. Have 2 much at stake becsuse I need 2 prove he is a liar 2 make my sisters case against him so much easier 4 her. He has asaulted my sister. She has photo evidence. Hes on drugs and threatend her in public have witnesses. And even came 2 my house 1 night when my sister was seaking safety from him. I am her big brother she is tiny 40-50 and I not only want 2 beat it I want 2 get him 4 false accusation filing unlawful dvo. Defamation. Harrasment and a dvo against him. As I feel he has done this on me 2 intimidate my sister by showing her he has no regard 4 the legal system.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are in NSW at the moment?

Are you from QLD?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Because you are in sydney you have to send a letter by email to the court and also call them telling them you need an adjournment because you were served yesterday and you are in sydney.

You will have to appear on the next occasion and oppose it and the court will set it down for a hearing.

The court will adjourn it for you because you have not been given enough notice.

You will need a solicitor to represent you as this will go to a hearing.

Your sister will have to report the assault to the police and they will deal with that separately.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

Just following things up and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?