How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44868
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged but not convicted &theft of a mobile

Customer Question

I have been charged but not convicted for asault &theft of a mobile phone, because I broke the person's phone during the fight,
It's been4years now, &I am finding it hard to get a job
I desperately need help to remove this record, as I want to work &get on with my life
I am getting depressed , I was young &foolish at the age of 19.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you have not been convicted why are you unable to get a job?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because the theft bit shows up on the police record.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

The charges?

They cannot refuse you work on that

You need to speak to the Police and ask them to clear the record.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They charged me with theft &assault, with community service &a fine of $600 for the phone. But it said no conviction. lam trained to work in the health industry, as a operating theatre technician
How do I apply to have this removed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to talk to you, can I call you on Monday? Please email me your phone number.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to give you my number but you can choose to have a call

So you were convicted to be given the community service order and fine.