How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44196
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just needing some sort of info/ advice on a matter... The

Customer Question

Hi there
Just needing some sort of info/ advice on a matter...
The NSW Police are suppose to be representing me in court later this month FINALLY after waiting almost nearly 2yrs,
There is to be a 12 ppl jury selected for the trial & it's going to take 1week for the trial...
WhT I'm needing to know is
The NSW Police & Detrctives in charge of this whole case have not once kept me informed of anything at all to do with the case or nothing,
They are suppose to be protecting me from this other person like I have a 5yr AVO out against him & well these Detrctives & Police Officers don't care at all & they just put me in danger by making me sit inside that court room all alone because they told me I'm not allowed to have anyone else in the court room with me at all not even for moral support...there is a lot more that has happened but I think I've given & gone into enough details already...
Really just won't to know who can/do I call that's Higher up then a NSW Police Detective & or Police Officer & Speke to about this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are a victim and a witness only for the police. It is the police that are suing the Defendant for the crime. If you fear for your safety you can ask not to be in court.

You will not be alone you should be sitting with the police.

If you have a complaint you can complain to Police Headquarters

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.