Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I wish to find out how to explainto the court, when driving

Customer Question
I wish to find out...
I wish to find out how to explainto the court, when driving a car while unregistered, that it was my intention to register the vehicle that day.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
I wish to deal with this matter, in writing only. Do I have to attend the court in person, or can I have the matter dealt with on the papers submitted for the hearing?
9/3/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I would suggest that you no do it in writing because the courts take a dim view of people not turning up and will not e lenient.

It is always best that you attend in person.

Did you tell the police officer that you were heading to get it registered?

Leon, Solicitor