Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My children were removed from my custody on sex abuse

Customer Question
claims. I have had to...
My children were removed from my custody on sex abuse claims. I have had to pay CS 10 years now. In that time I have paid $10.000 school fees ,bought 2 MacBook Computers for school,could these be counted as my debt is $9.000,still owing to their father even though both my boys have returned to me, knowing he lied
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
9/3/2015
Solicitor: Patrick H., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer

Sorry, but can you elaborate a little on a few issues:

- How your debt arose if you have been paying child support for 10 years?

- When was child support first claimed against you?

- How did it come about that you ended up paying for school fees and for computers, but were not up to date in your child support payments.

Thanks,

Patrick

I was up to date,when I turned 55 I redeemed Super this was represented in my tax, therefore as income thus he was entitled to a percent of that $28,000, being $9000
I can see you are not interested in helping me which I have found the case with all solicitors.
Please close this account and do not charge me any further
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am lost.

You were paying child support to the father and during that time you accumulated a debt of $9,000.00?

Are you asking if you can avoid paying it?

It may assist to read my reply to the first question .

I did read it but need clarification that while you were paying the child support the dent arose.

The reason being your superannuation is not clear either but that is not the issue.

It is whether you were assesses at the time and you owe the money?

My CS payments were always up to date, in fact when I was working full time I could pay $700fn,then in 2012 I cashed super, then owing $9000,as it seen as income

Good Morning

Ok they are deeming that as income.

Did you object at that time with them for that new assessment?

Have you spoken to your ex about him waiving it?

Have spoken with CS about this debt of $9000,they have said there is nothing I can do, but pay it.
Thankyou for correspondence

At the time you were assessed did you fight it?

No for 10years of have lost my home, my children paid $200000 in legal costs had Dan Sweeny as my Barrister, but nobody understands what it's like when ex is a sociopath .all law students should read the novel "Confessions of a sociopath "

Good Afternoon

I completely sympathise with you, but being a long time you cannot object to it now.

Even bankruptcy is not an option with Child support.

If he agrees to waive it then they can wipe it but he has to tell them and provide the request in writing,.

Leon, Solicitor