Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

In April this year my trailer became unhooked off my car as

Customer Question

Hello in April this year my trailer became unhooked off my car as I was driving down the road and done some damage to another car owned by a hire car company. No-one was around at the time so I called the police myself. I could have hooked my trailer back on and left but I didn't. The police attended and left a note on the windscreen of the car giving my details and the attending officers. I received a fine in the mail and paid it. In July this year I received a bill for $4107-00( 3 months later) for damages to the car and they are threatening legal action. I didn't get a chance to pick from quotes or any input whatsoever in the fixing process what is my position in this situation regards
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Before I can assist you can you please advise on the following:

Do you have comprehensive insurance?

Did you take photographs of the damage to the other vehicle?

Do you have any particular reason to doubt the amount of damage claimed?