Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a dispute with my home and contents insurer can u

Customer Question
help...
I have a dispute with my home and contents insurer can u help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2015
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Yes, what happened?

after months on there merry-go-round they have agreed to a payout figure, before agreeing I asked for their numerous assessors reports be emailed to me . these reports had various texts blacked out as they stated for privacy concerns, but as I am computer savvy I was able to read to email entirely. the payout figure they nominated was less than 50% of what the assessors report stated, is this a case of fraudulent misleading on there part or how should I approach them now concerning a payout as this is what I wish to achieve, as I am done with dealing with them and wish to organise my own repairs ASAP

Hello
WOW, I suggest contacting them directly and have it all in the open.
Demand payment forthwith for the full amount, or face having a claim against them in the insurance ombudsman.
In respect of the matter, they have disregarded any expert opinion, and short changed you.
This is abhorrent behaviour.

if they talk over me as I am not the best at confrontation shall I threaten them with legal action or indicate I am willing to go to the media, this is one of the major insurers in Australia ?

My suggestion is to do so via email or in writing.

I trust they will accept and make payment in full

thank you , I will do so via email

All the best with it.
please leave some feedback as to my service.

will do thnks Daniel, I will leave god feedback ,Bye

all the best and thank you

Hello
If I have been of assistance, please click accept / leave feedback as to my service

Daniel, Solicitor