Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I was made redundant Friday that was out on my till. I have

Customer Question

I was made redundant Friday for money that was out on my till. I have been at my job since May I haven't dealt with money for quite some time. I was not given a verbal warning or any written warnings. We have cameras above our tills and my Manager, Michael Croft (who I must admit thinks he's a bit swarve...yes....thinks he's a bit of a CATCH EVEN THOUGH HE'S MARRIED, and expecting a baby. He stand's over you when he makes a change on your till to the point you can feel him touching you!!!!) has shown me these cameras. I was out $100 one day. This day was a day that I actually left the building and went home for lunch as I had visitors that weekend and wanted to finish off some cleaning, hence the reason I left as I usually stay at work cause my shifts are shorter and I only have 15 minute breaks. So I went home and came back to Kee who is in charge of the girls on the tills. She advised me she had to access my till to take from memory $556.30 because her till and Siobhion (sounds like Chevon) were low, BUT I don't know WHY they couldn't get it from the office. They produced paperwork but I still don't understand why the only day I leave my till is out???? Never had it been out that amount beforehand, 20c or 10c yes and that's not an issue for them apparently.
I still have more info if you need it
Thanks
Erica Wilson
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Were you made redundant or terminated?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry whats the difference
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said in not so many words I was to leave there and then I had clocked on he made it clear I was going to be paid for that day he said its up to you if you want to say goodbye to everyone I said why would I want to do that I said I will go clear out my locker and hand back key to you and walk out.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

Redundancy is when the job no longer exists and they have to pay you out.

Termination is when you are sacked.

In your case you may have a claim for unfair dismissal.

They have to pay you out the work until you left.

If they have cameras on the tills they should be able to show footage.

You have 21 days to file your application and here is the link on how you do it.

https://www.fwc.gov.au/at-the-commission/coming-the-commission/how-do-employees-make-unfair-dismissal-claims

You would argue that you were not treated fairly.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said to me I wont tell anyone WHY you left (and as if that would happen) you can just go and nothing more will be said. I thought well you have told me stories about past and present employees which I DONT need to know, I have never distrusted a Manager, as I haven't trusted him. No one speaks highly of him. Even some customers. There was a sexual harassment case which came up. He said DONT LISTEN TO ANY STORIES DONT BELIEVE THEM IF YOU DO???? I said I come to work I do my job. I started keeping notes in a pad for my info and if I needed to refer back to them. He said Im worried that if you need to write notes it makes me think you don't TRUST YOURSELF!!! I said No its for my own benefit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please tell me, this site said its $5 beforehand to pay then you pay difference, why did it take the whole payment out at once
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the advert says above FREE for one week??
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning,

I am not sure what you have signed up for here on this site I only provide the information.

The situation is you have been unfairly treated and unfairly dismissed. You have a claim and you should make it.