How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44647
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was stolen I am insured with NRMA they are sending a

Customer Question

My car was stolen I am insured with NRMA they are sending a private investigator to talk to me should I do this or should I have legal representation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Yes this is common procedure so they can get a statement

You should have reported it to the police.

They will compare what you say to the police and what you tell the investigator.

If they suspect that you have had anything to do with the disappearance of the car they will not payout. This is why they do this.
If you refuse to cooperate then they will not deal with your claim.

This happens with all insurance claims not just motor vehicle claims.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further, thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.