How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 209
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently having a new home built and was weeks away

Customer Question

I am currently having a new home built and was weeks away from completion until disaster struck on Monday when my house flooded causing damage to the whole of my wooden floor some of my carpet the whole roof in my living area dew to plumbing work which was not fixed properly , my problem is that I have had no contact with any one from the building company since Monday , I want to know where I stand legaly as far as repairs go do I have a say ? I'm i untitled to have a inderpendant inspector in to assess the damage before any repairs commence
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your inquiry today. I'm not sure I understand. Did you insure the structure of your house for the flooding disaster? Or did the building contract specify that the builder must repair the damage for you as part of the building contract? Where do you say your right to have the damage repaired comes from? Then I can advise what to do.