kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

We paid a deposit of $8000.00 Australian dollars and

Customer Question

We paid a deposit of $8000.00 Australian dollars and transferred it to Bali Select in Bali in regards ***** ***** a house for a year.
When I was shown the home I was told it was $900.00 per week and that was one payment including gas, electrics, internet and water and fully furnished.
We returned to Perth and transferred the deposit but when we received the contract it was not as it was told to me it was still $900.00 but we had to pay internet, water and electrics at no time had we signed any forms or contracts and the owner said the home was not available until August 2015 and we had we had given 5 months notice that we were n longer interested in the house. We have not received any of our deposit back the Real Estate offered $4000.00 to return to us which we declined. Can you recommend a lawyer to get our deposit back, as I said we did not sign the contract because what was said to us and what the contract stated was completely different.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am going to help you with your inquiry today. Usually contracts for use of real property must be in writing so in this instance your verbal arrangement and payment of money doesn't form an enforceable contract at law and so you can't sue for brieach of it. So it may be difficult to get the money back if they don't cooperate. We cannot recommend lawyers on this site but your State's Law Society can. Here is the website for them: http://lawsocietywa.asn.au. You can call them and ask how this is done. Each state has a different process. Good luck. Has that helped today?