How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 209
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if my husband has right to sign half of

Customer Question

I would like to know if my husband has right to sign half of his assets to his relative without my agreement we are still married but I do not want him to give away this asset.
Am I able to legally do something about it. His says he has legally right to do that.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am kmslaw and I will do my best to answer your question today. Are re you talking about your husband's will? Because if so, your husband has every right to leave to whom he wants his assets at the date of death. However if the asset is also in your name jointly as joint tenants then if he dies first then it will revert to you then your will will leave it to whom you choose. Actually technically the only way he can do this if it is not in his will but before he dies, is if the asset is as tenants in common or solely in his name because it would require your signature also if it was jointly in your name. What kind of asset is it?