How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44631
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to get married to a girl that has come over to

Customer Question

I wish to get married to a girl that has come over to Australia on a subclass 600 visa .I would like to know if we can marry and if she would be able to apply for a exstended visa and then a permanent one , I am a Australian citizen and she is a brazilian citizen. and what is the paperwork involved in a legal marrage ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

There is no law to prevent you getting married

Once married, subject to the conditions on her current visa, she would apply for a partner visa. Once approved she would be here on a temporary visa for 2 years then apply for a permanent visa.

The following link sets out the requirement and what forms you have to complete to get married

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are the legal requirements for her to stay , can thay deport her evan if we are married and have good reasons for her to stay hear , she is on a 3 month visiter visa subclass 600 , and we're can I find more info on the classes of visa,
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon

Once you marry you have to apply for a partner visa.

If her current visa expires and the partner visa is not decided yet she will be on a bridging visa. Until a decision is made she can stay.

Once they grant the visa then she is able to remain here.

Once you marry you must apply for a partner visa before the visitor visa expires.