How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 8 month old baby girl and haven't been able to see

Customer Question

Hi I have a 8 month old baby girl and haven't been able to see her the mother will not respond or mediate cooperate, I travel over 2000 km to see my daughter after being promised I can always see my daughter no matter what, I have a network of family on both sides to support me and my daughter and we all have concerns on bubs well being, my ex is physically not fit for mothers role, contradicting blackmailing selfish and abusive, what can I do please this is gone on for a month with nothing in place as been difficult to get something started, I have contacted legal aid and appointment is not untill the 27-8-2015
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.

Hi, when you say that you have not been able to have the mother mediate cooperate... does this mean you have attempted to organise a mediation session with a Court approved mediator?

If yes, then you should have been given a "Certificate of attempted mediation". Please advise if this is the case.

If not, then you need to contact a Court approved mediator, and attempt to schedule mediation asap...

Here is a link to be able to search for Court approved mediators:

Before any legal steps can be taken... you must first go through the mediation process, or at least attempt to do so..

Kind regards,


Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.

I await your responses, kind regards, James