How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you sue your employer and compensation in the N.T if

Customer Question

Hi can you sue your employer for damages and compensation in the N.T if work health has accepted your claim?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Evening,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking about workers compensation?

Has your doctor said that your condition is caused by your employment?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both my husband and I are on workers comp and TIO the Edn Dept insurer has accepted that the Edn Dept is liable and have accepted our claims.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both our Dpctors, psychs and TIO's own psychiatrists have stated it is unfit for us to return to work while this hacker is still able to send e-mails to hundreds of staff member through the DET server directing them to the CARDFIGHTBACK webpage where my husband's reputation as Director of Education and myself as teacher is continually damaged through slanderous allegations.webelieve a teacher who was banned from ever teaching in the N>T is the one responsible for paying up the site and hacking through the DET server.
We have requested many times for the DEPT to shut down the site and find out who is responsible and to find out who is responsible for send the e=mails but never get any replies etc.
They are just ignoring it all.This is a precedent cyber bullying case and both Drs , psychs we see and the TIO's owns psychiatrists believe what is happening must be a criminal offence.This has been going on for 5=6 years since my husband was responsible for terminating this teacher and the CE making sure he could never teach in the territory again.We know the DEPT is aware of who started this disgusting site and yet they continue to do nothing to protect us.
The toll of it all has certainly affected my husband's health and he lost 17kg in 6 weeks at the beginning of the year and required hospital treatment etc.
I myself took ill after I saw the photo of mtself taken at my daughter's pre wedding when we were dressing the bride.This photo was puy on the site and compared me to a principal here in Darwin that my husband was allegedly having an affair with.
This principal took stress leave after it surfaced at the end go last year.I was more worried about how he got this personal photo of me and became paranoid he was stalking us etc.
This photo has never been put on line etc and was a private one.The dept didn't respond to our concern when qthey were informed of this. But that was the last straw for me and I too feel into depression as we were not being assisted in anyway etc.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning,

Do they say you have suffered any percentage full body injury for workers compensation? eg that you are incapacitated because of this which affects your ability to live generally and go back to work.

Do you have a solicitor acting for you in the workers compensation?

If not you should get one. If your doctor says that you are incapacitated then you can sue for compensation.
Have these incidences about the photos been reported to the police?