How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with a person that should have been

Customer Question

I have a contract with a person that should have been settled 12 months ago for the amount of $45,000, the agreement was a loan of $30,000 for 150 days with the return of $15,000 at the back in January 2014 now I am having trouble getting the person to pay up, I am a disabled pensioner and keeps coming up all its excuses not to pay but I know is using money in different property deals, he is in or a member of 21st-century properties he won't answer his phone or respond to e-mails, when I contact you to our office of 21st-century properties says in his office and is still working so I just don't know how to go about because of what is done is to strain my finances are pushed into a corner and need help and advice on how to go about this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have a wirtten loan agreement with this person and was there any security given for the loan?