How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the title holder of a new house. The surveyor has

Customer Question

I am the title holder of a new house. The surveyor has issued an occupancy permit. I have not paid the final payment because in my opinion there are serious defects. In the meantime the builder has put my house on the market as a display home. The house that is actually being sold does not have the features being represented. For example, bookshelves and a river view
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What does the building contract say about serious defects and what they are?

You may have an opinion that they are serious defects but the contract may say they are not serious and you cannot refuse to pay.

You need to go back and look at the contract you signed. If you own the land, they cannot sell without a court order or your consent.