How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44660
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's partner has kicked my son out. He is not going back

Customer Question

my son's partner has kicked my son out. He is not going back to his partner. I have seen my grandkids all the time and they stay with me most week-ends. Since my son had told his partner, he is not going going back. She wont let me see the kids, and tells me I am not welcome at her place. She is mental health and I dont want to go around there and cause a disturbance in front of the children. It is a long story, but is just want to see the grandchildren. My biological grandson is 6yrs, and the grandchildren that come with the package are 18, 14 & 10. They are my Grandchildren, I have been involved with the family for 12 and half years. I used to go with my son's partner Father. Deslie Brisbane,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You as a grandparent have rights to see your grandchildren.

You will have to go through the process of mediation and then court if she does not agree to allow them to see you.

It os the childrens right not hers.

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

Before going to court you must obtain a certificate from a family dispute resolution practitioner. You get this through the free service provided at the family relationship centres.

If you need to go to court then you will need to file an application in the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court and

You are recognised under the family law act and do not let her tell you anything different. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.