How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44329
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Civil Celebrant. I have been asked to marry a couple.

Customer Question

I am a Civil Celebrant. I have been asked to marry a couple. Bride is an Australian born Vietnamese, Fiancé is
Vietnamese and living in Vietnam. What are the forms in entirety that I need to have filled out and stamped with Apostle stamp. I have 2 forms here but not sure if they are correct. 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia and 47SP Application for migration To Australia by a partner. Who fills out what and just how much can I assist my clients?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

Good Evening,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you a Notary Public?

Why are you completing immigration forms?

If you complete immigration applications for visas you are committing a crime. You have to be a migration agent that is licensed to do that.

You are not required to complete immigration forms. You complete the marriage forms as per an Australian couple.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't intend completing the forms. Are these the correct forms for both bride and groom to fill out to enable the groom tocome to Australia for the marriage to take place OR are there other forms that they require. I am trying to help with their enquiries
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.

They sounds like immigration forms to me.

Any form for the Foreign national to come to Australia are immigration forms.

The foreign national has to have a valid visa to come here. You as the celebrant are not responsible for that.

He has to be here as a visitor or on a prospective marriage visa.

They have to have these forms prepared and filed with immigration not you.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Australia Law Questions