How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The dividing fence between my property and next door needs

Customer Question

The dividing fence between my property and next door needs replacing of which I have been paid by my door stated they don't have fence insurance and said that I have to erect a retaining wall and it is my land is higher than theirs,by law am I lible to do so.I live on a hill and the house is 16 years old.Their house is a lot older and they erected the fence many years ago themselves and there is nothing there side to support the fence. I am very stressed as I want it resolved.The woman and her daughter have tried to bully and intimadate me saying I am totally responsible to do the work.Can u give me any advise on where to go from here.many thanks gayle mcqueen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf they have dug into the property however and manipulated the land then they are liable. If not, then generally it is split. this is from a South Australian Site in the link above, it gives great info. In respect of the matter,