Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a criminal record and firearms The firearms were given to me by my fath

Customer Question

I have a criminal record for drugs and firearms
The firearms were given to me by my father as we had them on a property we owned and my father had been given 6 months to live and asked if I could hand them in to police to be destroyed
At the time I had to head away for work so left them till I got back they also were not operational as they were very old and did not work
At the time I was sharing a house with a person who was growing marijuana and our house got raided and police found the guns I also got charged with the drug offensives and I plead guilty as I didn't have the money to fight it
What are my chances of getting it expunged
I was sentenced to 3 month suspended sentence which happened 4 years ago now
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/criminal-records-and-history-checks/criminal-records/Sadly you would have to wait another 6 years.Please look to the link above. None of what you have explained sadly comes into play, you plead guilty. All you can do is wait out another 6 years, even then it is difficult. I wish I could give better news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How would I go getting a passport and do you know what countries I can get into for a holiday
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloGenerally most countries will have issue with recent drug / weapons offences. You will need to just explain to them the situation when applying for a visa.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about counties that you don't need a tourist visa
Are other countries able to see my criminal record
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
they may have access to it, it is on a public forum for them to peruse with authority.