How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5740
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a criminal record and firearms The firearms were given to me by my fath

Customer Question

I have a criminal record for drugs and firearms
The firearms were given to me by my father as we had them on a property we owned and my father had been given 6 months to live and asked if I could hand them in to police to be destroyed
At the time I had to head away for work so left them till I got back they also were not operational as they were very old and did not work
At the time I was sharing a house with a person who was growing marijuana and our house got raided and police found the guns I also got charged with the drug offensives and I plead guilty as I didn't have the money to fight it
What are my chances of getting it expunged
I was sentenced to 3 month suspended sentence which happened 4 years ago now
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago. you would have to wait another 6 years.Please look to the link above. None of what you have explained sadly comes into play, you plead guilty. All you can do is wait out another 6 years, even then it is difficult. I wish I could give better news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How would I go getting a passport and do you know what countries I can get into for a holiday
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloGenerally most countries will have issue with recent drug / weapons offences. You will need to just explain to them the situation when applying for a visa.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about counties that you don't need a tourist visa
Are other countries able to see my criminal record
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
they may have access to it, it is on a public forum for them to peruse with authority.