How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently returned to Australia after working years in

Customer Question

Recently returned to Australia after working for 17 years in Hong Kong. I amassed considerable debt there and my sole income is a small Australian CSS pension which will not even cover the repayments each month. Bankruptcy seems the only way out though I'd like to limit it to Hong Kong and not Australia. I have virtually no assets other than 50,000Aud from an MPF fund. This amount is still well below what I owe and is required for living expenses. I was wondering is their any way to protect these funds such as transferring to Australia. Any advise would be appreciated, Sincerely, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You can declare bankruptcy but you will have to be in HKIf you are in HK you have to disclose all your assets and they will not let you leave. The MFP fund you make mention of, is that a super fund or do thou have access to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MPF cash payout
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, You will have to disclose it to them. But the issues I have pointed out are the main ones. Are they chasing you in Australia?