Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Can I force my ex wife to change her name back to her

Customer Question

Hello, can I force my ex wife to change her name back to her maiden name? - we are divorced - no financials together - no children
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You cannot force her to do that, it is her choice. The law says you can have any name you want. She has legally obtained that name and unless she wishes to change it to he maiden name or anything else you cannot do anything. I am sorry but there is nothing that can be done.