Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

How can i get a certificate of house ownership ?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
7/27/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you have a mortgage?
All i want is certificate of house ownership sir please can you try and get me one ?
Good Morning, If there is a mortgage on the property then the title is with the bank. If not, when you purchased the property, who acted for you? They should have received it on settlement if you paid for the property and did not borrow any money.
Yes i understand what you mean but do you have any copy then i will fill it up on my own ,i just need it to get some stuff done thanks
I cannot give you a copy. If you wish to apply for a search you can apply to the department of lands but it is not the title it is only a copy. Here is the link for the lands department. They can assist you in getting a copy. http://www.ors.act.gov.au/community/land_titles/land_titles_public_registerBut if you want the original and there is a mortgage the bank has it and they wont release it until the mortgage is paid in full
Then i pay for nothing to your site since you can't get me what i asked you for
We are solicitors. I am not the Lands Office. All I can do is assist you and guide you on how to obtain it.
ok
So If you contact the lands office they will give you a title search. If the bank has the original they will not release it until you pay out your loan.There is nothing else that can be done. If you had the original and lost it then you have to apply for a replacement from the department of lands. I hope this is all clearer? I cannot tell you much more than that based on the information you have provided. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
I am not saying you should provide me any house certificate .. all i asked you to do for me is maybe you can get me a copy or format i just want to see how it's look like
I mean Sample
They are not available online to prevent people using them for Identity theft. Only if you pay for a copy can you receive one.
How can i pay for a copy ?
You contact the department of lands in the ACTHere is the form that you have to complete.http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/af/2015-55/current/pdf/2015-55.pdfHere is their link again with their contract details. http://www.ors.act.gov.au/page/view/1544/title/contact-usThere is a $26.00 fee and they will give you a copy of yours.
Leon, Solicitor