Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

There i have a summary offence to attend court tomorrow

Customer Question

Hi there i have a summary offence to attend court tomorrow 28.07.2015 and im representing myself. It states i have not complied with my CCO order so therefore has been breached.
i have sufficient evidence in terms of why i didnt attend days which was all due to work which they are well aware of. One of the days on the list was Good Friday when no one was even open Good Friday. Basically i had signed to go 3 different places for 10 days i took off work when i went back to work i was getting deemed as non attendance even though corrections knew i was back at work.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Is this the first time you have breached the order?Of the order how much have you completed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes this is the 1st time im going to court for breaching the order and the didnt even bother to contact me for 3 months i heard nothing from them and i receive a summons. I took two weeks off work with the CCO officer stating i would be doing a 38hr week only to take time off work for nothing as she could only get me a total of 20hr a week it was 80hrs i think i have at least done 50 hrs 45 maybe nothing less than that though
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i would also like to know why is it a summary offence meaning i dont have to go to court when it is a breach? what will this appearance in court determine?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening. The court will want to know why you did not complete it and what you will do to make sure that you complete the rest of the order. You should also make sure you have a list of what you have done. Not being 100% certain of the hours is not going to assist you.If the order was that it be completed in a set time, this will also be something your have to explain. If you ares not convincing then you will be re-sentenced. A CCO is an alternative to jail, so you can face going to Jail if you are not convincing and remorseful for not complying.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My CCO officer didnt even know how many hrs i had remaining .... yes it had to be done within 1 year... but my dad is real sick as well i look after him and also my grandfather in the time frame was real ill he is 90 yrs old so i care for them as i live with them. but being that it is a summary offence and that i do not have to attend court why is that? i have my work rosters printed out that shows they were days working i have my annual leave request as well the time i took off work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?