How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had my engagement wedding band and eternity ring

Customer Question

Hi I have had my engagement wedding band and eternity ring forceably taken off me by my husband nearly breaking my fingers the police was called as a domestic violence incident had occurred but he police did nothing to acquire my rings back. What are my options>
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.That is assault and the police should ahem charged him. Did the police take the ring as evidence?Did you ask the police to get your ring back for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did but I was in such a traumatic state when they took me away I didn't really know what is happening. They said they did not have any corroborating evidence to substantiate my assault because he had a different story. Now I have bruising on my hands and fingers which I am getting a doctors report for today. How do I proceed to I re-contact the police?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,Did you have any injuries?Go back to the police and show them the bruises. Take photos as well. You should be applying for an intervention order.