Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

It's Trish again. I got cut off when trying to access Pay

Customer Question

It's Trish again. I got cut off when trying to access Pay Pal.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I signed an online contract in October 2014 with a US company to participate in a self help program, Cost approx. $3000. I don't have a copy of the contract. In December 2014 I emailed the company to say that I couldn't afford further payments. I had paid AUD$1,150 initial payment for coaching sessions and asked that this be accepted as full payment for the access I have had to the course so far and that any further payments be waived. I didn't receive a reply but was contacted by a Financial Services company in California to manage my account. I have made three payments to them but can't afford more. They don't respond to my emails and phone me many times in the middle of the night. My debt is growing, I'm very worried how to manage this. Their records show my payoff amount 29/7/2015 is $1,961.61 the open balance at 24/12/2014 was $2,000. I presume their figures are US$. I would greatly appreciate your input Leon, thank you, Trish
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, What does the contract say about termination?This is covered by US law and they cannot do much to you here in Australia.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards