How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After purchasing an ex Department of Housing home with a DOH

Customer Question

After purchasing an ex Department of Housing home with a DOH Tenant next door we requested to the DOH if we could put up a fence on the boundary of our property this was agreed we requested this a year ago and the fence has just gone up. Over this period there has been lots of threats made to us as the tenant next door has her boyfriend/partner? who has been living there when he is not suppose to be. We have regularly been in touch with the DOH letting them know of the abuse we were asked to put all this in writing without our permission they handed our letters to the tenant next door, which has now put us in danger of our lives. We are now in the predicament that my partner has been called by the tenant screaming in the street he is a pedafile we are now in the situation that we cannot stay here and have to sell our family home and move. We feel that we have not been treated fairly by the DOH Toronto and are asking that they move us into a rental till we can sell the house. We have had our Local Member Greg Piper visit us but he is such a busy man that it could be a few weeks before he can look at our problem. We live in fear now as only this weekend we were taking our granddaughter out to the movies and we had unappropriate suggestions made to us by a group of teenage boys that live in the street. We have been to the police and they say unless something happens they cannot get involved. We need to get out of the situation and fast. Please help us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.This all has to be reported to the police and you have to take out and AVO against them. You are going to have to make a detailed statement setting out what has been happening and be prepared to have this go to court. DOH is the one responsible of the fencing as it is their property. Have you contacted the police during any of these outbreaks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have gone to the police they cannot do anything
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon Did the police take down a statement and give you an event number?