How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44873
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I have been together years and looking

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and looking to build a house together and start a family, get married ect. He has two girls 7 & 10 and pays child support to his children and ex wife of 400 a week (high income we both work away FIFO for work 4/1 rosters). my question is how does this affect us going forward when we start our own family surley he is not expected to pay that much when we would have our family and when the girls would have their own rooms at our house.? we would also have them more when we are home full time and not working away so much we get them 1 out of 4 weeks now. Also he would not be earning that much would go to a 2/1 roster roughly salary of 120 per year. I am hoping not to strain on us when I would not be working when we have a child together.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, The answer to your question varies from one state jurisdiction to another. Which state are you located in, and if the other parent is located in a different state, please identify that state, as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We both live in the same state in Western Australia in Perth. Actually live in the next suburb we are looking to build our house about half an hour away from where they are living ATM
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Oh. Sorry. Your question is posted in the wrong category. I'll contact customer service. It could take a while to get it changed. Eventually, it will be moved to an Australian law category, and someone from your lovely nation will respond. Please don't respond to this memo, because it will delay getting the problem resolved. Best wishes.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Once you have a family he can seek to have an adjustment of his child support payments because of the commitments to his new children. If his income falls this against reduces the child support payments he has to make. You can work out the payments and how they are affected using the Child Support Estimator on the link below. works out child support payments based on your inputs and the income of the other party. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon