Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Can a discrimination claim be made against a school

Customer Question

Can a discrimination claim be made against a school for negligence against a parental court order
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloNot specifically, as there isn't discrimination is there?Unless you can prove that discrimination occurred?Not abiding by a court order is not discrimination?Please elaborate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have finally been through the family court system to get a court order with relation to parent orders for my son. His school was sent a copy of these orders and I followed up by speaking to the principal about school reports and other issues being sent and communicated separately to myself. The principal then rang the childs mother to get approval from her first. I have not received anything to do with reports and all phone calls regarding the child have been made to the mother which in some cases have resulted in loss of access with myself and the child which I know will have to be taken up separately. But this is unacceptable behaviour from a school and a principal who has a position of trust, should be made able to be made accountable for these disgraceful actions. I have suffered considerably due to them and will continue to suffer unitl something is done about it and I will never get the time back with the child that it has already cost us.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloIn respect of the matter, there is little you can do by way of discrimination. I suggest that you make a complaint to the dept of education. I understand that such things cause you great pain and anguish, however any discrimination action will end up in a fruitless exercise. It is not a perfect system at all. You cannot really force the school to provide the documents in any event as they are not party to the proceedings. Clearly this is probably something that you were not aware of. I wish I could give better news.