Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Is the RSL state tribunal subject to the statute of limita

Customer Question

Is the RSL state tribunal subject to the statute of limitations?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.The statute of limitations does not apply to tribunals and courts it applies to the type of actions. For example, if you are owed money you have 6 years from the last payment or the date you lent the money (which eager is the latter) to start a court action. This can be started in any court or tribunal. But the 6 years applies because it is a debt. For some insurance claims the limitation period is 3 years. I hope this makes sense?