How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and myself have custody of our 5yo grandson and

Customer Question

Hi. My wife and myself have custody of our 5yo grandson and we are taking him on a 29 day holiday. As we receive complimentary travel insurance with our Credit Card we have been told he is not eligible to be included in the free insurance. The wording on the policy states: "dependent child/ children" means.
"All children up to the age of 18, who the cardholder has sole custody of and who live with the cardholder".
Our grandson lives with us and we have custody of as per court order from the Melbourne Children's Court.
My interpretation of the wording is that he should be covered under this policy.
If you require more information i am happy to provide it.
Your reply would be appreciated.
Kindest Regards.
James Ware.
James Ware
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You have to show that the grandchild is dependent on you. Do you have orders from the family court giving you residency?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
In that case you have a dependent and you can enforce that.