Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have an investment property in Rockhampton. I had good tenants

Customer Question

I have an investment property in Rockhampton. I had good tenants in place who were happy to stay long term. one of the neighbours is a domestic abuser. He accused my tenants of calling the police and began abusing them. The young woman was often home alone as her partner often worked out of town. I have had to let them out of their lease and the property managers will not put anyone else in. They have terminated our agreement. I have the house on the market but he intimidates anyone who comes to the place, including sales teams. My bank has granted me hardship relief but that is only for a limited time. What rights do I have? Can I get a restraining order?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You need a restraining order and also an order that if they interfere with your sale that you will have a right to sue them for damages. Do you have evidence of what they are doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a statement from the tenants. I can also get a statement from both the former property manager and the current sales person.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
You need to get the statements and then you have ammunition to fight them and seek damages. The agent has to be prepared to give evidence if it goes to court how their actions have cost you a sale or the money you could have received.