How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5771
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 14yrs old and refuses to come home as i wont allow

Customer Question

My son is 14yrs old and refuses to come home as i wont allow him to drink alcohol or smoke drugs. Tge police said as he is 14yrs old they CANNOT force him home, and as he appears to be happy and healthy to them he is safe. My son has informed his twin at school that the lady he is living with whom i dont know is a seller of ice and weed. How do i get him home legally and safely?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloIssue is, he is aged 14 years old.A court would be reluctant at best to make an order, as he is at an age where it is obvious that he would not adhere to a court order, if one was made. There is little option here for you sadly. You can speak with DOCs, however they will take the view the police have I suspect.