How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44343
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Howdy i need to dissolve a NZ civil union but both parties

Customer Question

howdy i need to dissolve a NZ civil union but both parties are AU citizens - so question is what needs to happen as on the NZ site at least one party needs to domiciled in NZ. So does it need to be dissolved?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Dissolving the union is all dependent on where they are located. If they are in NZ it has to be done under their laws. In Australia you can end the union by entering a by separation and after 2 years it is over. You can also enter into a Separation Agreement between you which also finalises the property between you, if it is in australia. But the country you are living in is where you do this not the country you are citizens of. Here is some information. hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon