How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a customer who will not pay carried out on

Customer Question

I have a customer who will not pay for work carried out on a motor vehicle, he has owed this money since 2012, I am not sure of his address, what are my rights as to selling the vehicle to regain my expenses. i
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You cannot sell the vehicle without his consent or a court order. You will need to track the customer down and issue a letter of demand and set out that if you are not paid you will sue and seek orders to sell the car. This is the only way to make sure that you protect yourself. What details do you have of this customer?

Related Australia Law Questions