Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a customer who will not pay carried out on

Customer Question

I have a customer who will not pay for work carried out on a motor vehicle, he has owed this money since 2012, I am not sure of his address, what are my rights as to selling the vehicle to regain my expenses. i
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You cannot sell the vehicle without his consent or a court order. You will need to track the customer down and issue a letter of demand and set out that if you are not paid you will sue and seek orders to sell the car. This is the only way to make sure that you protect yourself. What details do you have of this customer?