How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter's father with whom I separated with 3 years ago,

Customer Question

My daughter's father with whom I separated with 3 years ago, is an African man involved in credit card fraud and black money scams in Australia covering all states. When I began a relationship with him I had no knowledge of his criminal activity. I had no knowledge until my daughter was about 18 months old. My ex partner has been violent towards me in the past and was arrested on one occasion for assaulting me. I have wanted to report him since i found out what he was doing but was threatened by him regularly and told that I will be charged because I knew about it. Ive attempted suicide, spent time in a mental health unit as a result of depression and living my life knowing this man is a criminal. I have no criminal history nor does any member of my family, immediate or extended. I do not know what to do or how to report this as naturally I'm fearful on several levels. Im desperate for advice as this man and his "group" needs to be stopped.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Because of your fears etc it is understandable that you did not disclose it. If you did not get a benefit from it then you should not have a problem.Before you do say anything you should get a Solicitor that practices in Criminal law to assist you and speak to the police and cover all bases so you are protected form prosecution.They will like assistance to prosecute him and could have you immune from prosecution if you have the necessary evidence.What state of Australia are you in?