How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44854
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Not sure if last Question got thru, I have an AVO against me

Customer Question

Not sure if last Question got thru, I have an AVO against me in NSW, they are investigating breaches which amount to prank calls from pay phones, around 3 calls, nothing in the calls bar silence, they have no proof, they are saying they will get my bank records to see where I was each time, ( this won't help me), my question is around "can they access my records at will" and because of nature of crime will they be able to?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.The calls are enough to reach the order it the order says that you will not harass intimidate .... They amount to intimidation and harassment. Your bank records prove nothing. Unless you have said you were at the bank withdrawing money. I would have thought they would have obtained copies of your telephone records to see whether you called. They have to issue subpoenas or other court orders such as a warrant, to the bank to get any records. If you are found to have made the calls then you will be charged with the breach and they will run a hearing. If you are found guilty then the court will convict you and you will have a criminal record.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon