How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has totally abandoned her 12 week old son . how

Customer Question

my daughter has totally abandoned her 12 week old son . how can I claim full custody for him
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but before you apply for Court orders for full custody, you must first attend mediation (or attempt to attend mediation) with a court approved mediator.. and if successful, you do not need to proceed to Court. You can search for a FDRP - Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner here: if unsuccessful, you will be issued with a certificate of attempted mediation, which was must submit with your application to the Court. Kind regards, James