Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My 16 years old son backed his bags after a disagreement with

Customer Question

My 16 years old son backed his bags after a disagreement with his father he is staying with a friends mum she is not the greatest role model and will not make any contact with us she has even gone into the school to change me from his records and add herself and her address. We want him to come home but he is refusing and they are supporting him - what are my legal rights as I have been discussing with the school and he is already dropping off on his work as there are minimal rules in his new dwelling can I legally make him come home?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I am sorry to say but he is able to make his own decisions and the court will respect those. Have you been able to speak to him and is he prepared to have any counselling with you and his father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are speaking and I'm meeting him on Friday the School are intervening with the counselling as they feel he needs it i'm waiting to hear more about it tomorrow
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, You need to have the counselling and hopefully you can all agree for him to come home.