How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in 1992 the CSA advised that my ex-husband was due

Customer Question

Hi - back in 1992 the CSA advised that my ex-husband was due XXX$ in child support for our two children - he was unable to pay this so we had an agreement that if and when he came into some money he would pay. He has just sold his house and may be now willing to pay his due! If he didn't willingly pay the debt, is there any legal action I can take? Divorce was in Qld.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Did you forgive it through the CSA and have an agreement he would pay you? Do you have anything in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - not sure what you mean by 'forgive' it through the CSA - I did at one stage early on ask them to pursue it however you can't get blood out of a stone and he was working in PNG for a lot of years. He and I came to an arrangement that when he got ahead he would repay me - unbelievably this has now happened as he has sold his house in Qld - nothing in writing just a verbal agreement which he may uphold however if he doesn't that's where I'm wondering what my legal stance would be??
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
If you did not forgive it (tell them you were prepared to let it go) then you contact them and advise them he has sold the house. If he has not settled they can register a caveat to stop him taking the money. Does he have a debt with the CSA?