Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

WHY DOESN'T AUSTRALIA HAVE A BILL OF RIGHTS LIKE THE usa OR

Customer Question

WHY DOESN'T AUSTRALIA HAVE A BILL OF RIGHTS LIKE THE usa OR A CHARTER OF RIGHTS LIKE CANADA?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.This is because the Federal Government has not been successful in getting anything in place and when they do, people are not happy to vote a change to constitution. Until the Governments in Australia can listen to the people and make sure that they cover everyone there will never be a bill of rights and we have to rely on the mish mash of state and federal laws that cover it all. This is the reality of the matter. I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon