Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Leon I have applied citizenship and early this year

Customer Question
Hi Leon I have applied...
Hi Leon I have applied for my citizenship and early this year I went to court for unlicensed driving as I was driving on international licence not knowing that after getting permanent residency I can't drive in it. I got section 10 12 months bond from court. I made my local license same week. My question is will this thing affect my citizenship application? As I went today for test I passed it and they said they have applied for police report and it came as interim not match and they have to get the detailed one knowing of my offence? I'm scared of any negative outcome on application thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
With your experience what would be my application result? I'm so stressed out.
7/9/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If you got a section 10 that is great but you must make sure you do not break the law again in the 12 moth bond period. The conviction will show but it is not major and they will not concern themselves too much with it. It should not have a negative outcome on your application. You should not stress out just done break the law over the next 12 months. It is not a major or serious offence. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Hi Leon normally they approve application on the same day and with my case they asked 2 weeks time til police report comes back. Do you have any experience of this kind of citizenship application with section 10 bond in traffic offence gone rejected? Or any of other experience in positives?
Good Afternoon, You have to have a police clearance that is normalDid you disclose the matter?
Yes I disclosed it in my Citizenship application. Normally they can check police report straight away from there computer but the lady told that my police report came as interim and I have to wait for 2 weeks to get proper report. She was saying your citizenship application might get refused because of not matching good character.
That is why they wasn't the police report to confirm that you did get a section 10. Do not worry they will approve you it is not an issue but they have to be 100% sure. Here is the character requirementshttp://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/79characterThis is not a character issue it is a minor offence. If they refuse it on this you can appeal their decision. You do not have a problem. Just be patient.
Really hope so..other thing she has asked from me is character references. I have no idea how make them or how did this work it would be appreciated if you can provide help on it thanks
You have nothing to worry about.
Can I please get some help how to make character reference and what to write in it?
Thanks
You do not need a character reference. This should have been done when you filed your applicaitons.
Hi Leon my case officer has asked for it?
You have to get that form a third party that knows you. Did you not provide one with your application?It is a requirement.
No I haven't provide any in application. It didn't Asked anywhere in application :s
Have you ever dealt with similar case?
In all visa application, and in citizenship application a character reference has to be provided.It is set out in the forms.They want to know what people think of you.You provided one when you first applied for your visa.All applicants have to provide one. for all visasYour application for citizenship is not complete without it and it will not be approved without it.
You must comply
I have applied my application online and it did not asked me anywhere for a character certificate?
Can you please guide me how to make it?
The case officer also mentioned that the person doing my character reference should know about my offence and write the letter accordingly?
you have to have someone that knows about the charge. You must give them what they want. It should say that they know about it, it is out of character and then say what they think of you etc.
Can you please provide me in template or anything which can help me making it?
I can't there is a set form that the department has for their references. You have to get that from them. They have chafed their website and I cannot locate it at presentHere is the website for you. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav
I can't locate either. Please provide me character reference and what to write in it according to my case when you can so I can finish this question and give you ratings. Appreciate your help thanks
I cannot provide you with a character reference. They are unique to each person and even if I had one to prove it would be negligent and a breach of privacy. It is up to the person that will write it for you to draft it. Your doctor can do it if he is aware of the incident, your priest if you are religious, close family friends your employer etc. I am unable to write one as I do not know you and I am not here to do that only to give you guidance. You have to speak to the person that you wish to use to provide it.
Hi I think I could not convey my message probably.. I mean to say was I couldn't find the reference template in the website either so if you can please provide me with reference template would be good
Here you go it is a form 80http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdfYou complete the details at the top and the reference is on the last page. The details of the person making it have to be also put on the form. This is the only form that allows this.
Hi I tried it but could not find the form
?
I have given you the linkCopy and paste it into your address barMost of it will remain blank
Mate the page is opening but I could not find the form 80 and can't locate character reference either.
I have copied and pasted it into the address bar and a pdf opens.Do not click on the link. Copy it and paste itIf you can't get it call them and they will email it to you.
I have checked carefully I could not find any reference page on form 80 and according to my knowledge form 80 is not for character reference.
Please provide me authentic material which I can legally use without any problem?
It says on your page if you can't satisfy there is no payment so I will not pay unless you satisfy with proper answer thanks
I Will call them tomorrow and get the information.
Thanks Leon I will wait for your answer and also if you can ask if that things will affect my citizenship application would be great.
Thanks
They will not answer that question.
Hi Did you called department to confirm?
left a message for them to call me back
still waiting
Please let me know as soon you finds out I'm waiting
They have not got back to me. On Monday I will chase a migration agent and speak to them.
Hi did you spoke to migration agent? Also please discuss my case if there would be anything else I can do support my application would be great
Thanks
I have spoken to them and he will be emailing it to me tomorrow
It is a template that you can use. He said it has to be a statutory declaration for the Commonwealth
Thanks mate please send me once you received from them..just one more thing do you think they will ask me to complete section 10 bond time for 12 months for approval of citizenship application or should be ok?thanks
I don't know about that you have to ask them that
I'm asking just with your experience?have you dealt with this type of traffic offence case of citizenship application?
In relation to completing the good behaviour bond. I don't think they will but to be sure you need to ask them. You should also get a copy of the court order to provide it to them. I know with traffic offences when people are convicted it has no bearing on their application unless they have killed someone and get jail time. But for a charge where you have been given a section 10 with a Good Behaviour Bond they should process it
Thank you.. Please forward me the statutory declaration form of character references when you receive them.
Thanks for your help.
Good Afternoon, Will do tomorrow
Hi I haven't received it till now?
My Apology for the delay was in court all dayLets hope the link works to upload itLet me know if you received it. It is in Word format so you can type in it
It has to be signed in front of a JP or a lawyer Good luck with it.
Thanks for that..where do we have to write character reference in it?
At point 1 the name address and occupation of the person making the stat dec is completed.At point 2 the character reference is set out
Please do not forget to rate my work.
I am not paid unless you do so.
Thank you in advance.
Sure mate I will do that after the outcome comes incase I have to ask you something relevant about this case thanks
I would request you reconsider delaying the payment. I have provided an answer to your question and then provided you with forms which is a second request. Any additional question should be a new one not based on the one fee. I do not mean to be rude but I will leave it up to you.
Leon, Solicitor